Fiber-Optic Based Distributed Acoustics Sensor Threat Sensing and Classification System
Fiber-optic based distributed acoustics sensor system is developed to be used on areas like campuses, oil pipe lines, road safety for real-time and high-definition threat sensing and classification.
- System performs sensing according to acoustic effects occurring around the fiber optic (FO) cable.
- Distributed acoustic sensing (DAS) technology enables instant high performance monitoring of long distances with a single input through fiber optic cables.
- The outputs visualized on GIS based user interface provides information on approaches or interferences to FO cable.
- In addition to sensing anomalies around the fiber optic cable, classification of targets and/or threats like human actions and activities, vehicle movements, excavation operations are made available through artificial intelligence algorithms.
- Enhanced signal processing, machine and deep learning algorithms are used to increase the precision of sensing and classification information.